In light of recent Zoombombing incidents at other universities, please take these precautions to prevent uninvited attendees from joining your sessions:
- Attendee on Hold ITS has enabled the setting to place a participant on hold or to remove a participant. A participant on hold can re-enter the room, however, once you remove a participant, they cannot re-enter the room during that session.
- Set a Meeting Password: You can add a password that participants must enter to join your meeting.
- Schedule and launch Zoom sessions from within Blackboard (refer to Digital Learning’s Zoom training sessions).
- Do not post your Zoom Personal Meeting ID online (LinkedIn, Forums, email Signature, etc.)
- Allow only authenticated to join meetings: If you do not intend on having non-Cal Lutheran guest lecturers join your sessions, lock down your sessions to Cal Lutheran authenticated users only.
- Waiting Room: Enable the waiting room in Zoom.
- Advantage, 1) you control who joins your session, 2) effective for faculty office hours to preserve student privacy.
- Disadvantage: 1) you’ll need to monitor who is waiting, 2) students cannot enter the room before you join.
- CTL Video with specific Blackboard instructions begins at about the 26 minute mark.