Deleting a tweet is simple, just a few clicks and the tweet is gone...
- Visit your Profile page.
- Locate the Tweet you want to delete.
- Click the down-carat icon
- Click Delete Tweet.
Once deleted, the tweet and any re-tweets will be gone, however there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
(1) If other people have copied and pasted part or all of your text into their own Tweet, their Tweets will not be removed.
(2) If other people have retweeted your Tweet with a comment of their own, their Tweets will not be removed.
(3) Tweets may be cached or cross-posted on third-party websites, applications, or search engines. These tweets cannot be removed.
There are a number of sites and applications that allow you to delete multiple Tweets some of which are free and others are paid. One such application is Twitter Archive Eraser a free open-source application.