Enable the setting for IMAP in your CLU Gmail
- Sign into your CLU Gmail account.
- Click ont he gear icon, located in the upper right hand corner, and select Settings.
- Click on the tab Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- Open up Outlook and click File > Account Settings > Add Account.
- Choose the E-mail account option and enter your information. Once all the fields have been filled out, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, click on Next.
- Fill out the Internet Settings with the following information.
- Your Name: Your First and Last Name
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- User Name: email@example.com
- Password: You CLU password
- Remember Password: Check off box
After you fill out the required fields, click on the More Settings button.
- An Internet E-mail Settings should pop-up. Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server, then click OK.
- Now, click ont he Advanced tab and update the following:
- Incoming server, select SSL as the encryption type and set the port to 993
- Outgoing server, select TLS as the encryption type and set the port to 587
- Check off Purge items when switching folder while online.
Click OK > Next > Finish