April 23, 2015
Top 5 Help Desk Topics
Every week, the ISS Help Desk receives many similar questions. You may also refer to the regularly updated Top 5 Help Desk Topics page. Without further ado, here are the...
Top 5 Help Desk Topics!
- Accessing Cal Lutheran Email
- Oh, Outlook email! How may I access thee? Let us count the ways....
- Application on Windows or Mac computers
- Microsoft Outlook Mobile app for iPhone or smart phone
- Through the MyCLU Portal, then click the Outlook tab
- Online at outlook.callutheran.edu
- Spam and suspicious emails
- Many of us get that pesky spam or suspicious e-mails and sometimes we are unsure if it is a legitimate e-mail. If you are unsure of the e-mail, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will either block suspicious emails or inform you that it is a legitimate e-mail.
- If there is a link in the e-mail do not click on it until we have verified the sender.
- Computer is stuck on the Windows update screen
- Many times for PC users, upon turning on the computer the screen will get “stuck” on the screen. Don’t worry! Simply follow these instructions:
- Unplug the power cord
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds then release the hold
- Plug the cord back in
- Press the power button once.
4. CLU Account is Locked
- Navigate to the myCLU portal
- Underneath, click Account Tools click Unlock Your Account or Forgot Your Password?
- Please note that your username is not case sensitive, but your password is; be sure to remove the caps lock if it is on.
5. Window Security Pop-Up Message
- Have you changed your password recently and now every time you log into your PC you get a Windows Security pop-up message on your Outlook e-mail? Don’t be alarmed! This is normal when you update your CLU password.
- When you see the pop-up, just be sure to type in your email@example.com or clunet.2k\username, enter your new password and check off Remember my credentials.
If you have any questions, please be sure to call the Help Desk at 805-493-3698 (M-Th 6:30am-10pm, Fri 6:30am-8pm, Weekends 9am-4pm PST) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, ISS staff will never ask you for your password.